EVPN to Managed AVPN Service Upgrade
The purpose of this micro site is to provide Swift end users with need-to-know information about the AT&T initiated service upgrade from Enhanced VPN (EVPN) to AT&T VPN (AVPN).
The benefits that AVPN brings over EVPN are:
- Refresh of end of life router hardware
- Port level Class of Service
- More AT&T Points of Presence available to achieve better resiliency
- Ethernet capabilities to support higher speeds
- Improved latency and site availability
This mandatory E2A upgrade is driven by a service sunset.
AT&T is striving to make the upgrade to AVPN as effortless as possible for Swift End Users. Where appropriate – existing access, port and customer edge equipment will therefore be reused.
Where technology requirements do not justify a reuse scenario, AT&T will order and install a new local access line and a new managed router.
Please click each hyperlink to learn more about the three upgrade scenarios:
- Upgrade process with access and router reuse – view information
- Upgrade process with access reuse and router replacement – view information
- Upgrade process – installation of new access circuit and new router – view information
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on each upgrade scenario, please consult:
- FAQ – access and router reuse – view information
- FAQ – access reuse and router replacement – view information
- FAQ – installation of new access circuit and router – view information
For any other questions, please contact email@example.com or your in region account manager.