Version 9.4 Available
Version 9.4 of the AT&T Global Network Client for Remote Access is available.
Enhancements included in Version 9.4 include:
- Consolidated and simplified installation packages
- Enhancement to RSA software token support
- Added support for 64-bit RSA software token software
- Removed legacy mobile device drivers from the installation packages
- Upgrade to .NET 4 (requires .NET 4 or 4.5 to be installed)
- Allow program updates over IPv6
- Bug Fix: ensure AT&T Wi-Fi and partner hot spots only appear once in the list of nearby hot spots
In addition, AT&T now offers more than 500,000 Wi-Fi hotspots in more than 100 countries that are available to Remote Access Users (BIS, AVTS and ANIRA) who utilize the AT&T Global Network Client. The total AT&T Wi-Fi footprint is comprised of both AT&T Wi-Fi branded locations and AT&T partner Wi-Fi locations across the world.
Windows 8 Support
The AT&T Global Network Client Versions 9.1 and later include support for Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Windows 8 Pro. Version 9.4 is available now. The following limitations apply to support for Windows 8:
- Windows RT is not supported
- As with previous releases, drivers for embedded devices are provided by the laptop manufacturer (check for availability before upgrading)
- When connecting to attwifi and some partner hot spots, the operating system may unnecessarily display the browser
The AT&T Global Network Client is available in two installation packages. Following are the features available in the packages.
|AT&T Global Network Client||AT&T Global Network Client for Export|
|Remote access (Wi-Fi, cellular, Ethernet, dial, ISDN)|
|Lightweight policy enforcement|
|Third-party VPN client support|
|Integrated AT&T VPN client|
|Safe for use in high-encryption restricted countries|
|Mobility Device Drivers|
All installation packages install on all supported operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8* (32-bit) and Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)*.
* Windows 8 support does not include Windows RT
|AT&T Global Network Client (56 bit)||5D002||Unrestricted||G014990|
|AT&T Global Network Client (3DES/AES)||5D002||Unrestricted||G032606|