Version 9.5.1 Available
Version 9.5.1 of the AT&T Global Network Client for Remote Access is available.
Enhancements included in Version 9.5.1 include:
- Bug Fix: Upload logs issue causing a potential client hang issue.
Enhancements included in Version 9.5.0 include:
- Support for Windows XP has been removed
- Client will no longer install on Windows XP
- Add support for Gobi 5000 embedded devices
- Remove the splash screen (originally added due to long initial launch times on Windows XP)
- PD logs can now be uploaded to cloud
- Change mobile service selection 3G menu item to 3G/4G (as opposed to LTE)
- When users add Access Point Regions, do not force the user to download all the database files again if they are current
- Include support for latest 3rd party software in LPE
- Consolidate mobility driver installations
- Support program updates from IPv6 FTP server
- Bug Fix: Fix packet loss issue seen with 3DES encryption and heavy outbound, fragmented VPN traffic
- Bug Fix: Fix issue with displaying incorrect encryption method for SSL-T connections
- Bug Fix: Fix mobility driver upgrade installer so it properly installs the current mobility device drivers
In addition, AT&T now offers more than 600,000 Wi-Fi hotspots in more than 100 countries that are available to Remote Access Users (BIS, AVTS, ANIRA, and MRAS) who utilize the AT&T Global Network Client. The total AT&T Wi-Fi footprint is comprised of both AT&T Wi-Fi branded locations and AT&T partner Wi-Fi locations across the world.
Windows 8 Support
The AT&T Global Network Client Versions 9.1 and later include support for Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Windows 8 Pro. Version 9.5.1 is available now. The following limitations apply to support for Windows 8:
- As with previous releases, drivers for embedded devices are provided by the laptop manufacturer (check for availability before upgrading)
- When connecting to attwifi and some partner hot spots, the operating system may unnecessarily display the browser
The AT&T Global Network Client is available in two installation packages. Following are the features available in the packages.
|AT&T Global Network Client||AT&T Global Network Client for Export|
|Remote access (Wi-Fi, cellular, Ethernet, dial, ISDN)|
|Lightweight policy enforcement|
|Third-party VPN client support|
|Integrated AT&T VPN client|
|Safe for use in high-encryption restricted countries|
|Mobility Device Drivers|
All installation packages install on all supported operating systems: Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8* (32-bit) and Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)*.
* Windows 8 support does not include WinRT, use the AT&T Global Network Client for WinRT
|AT&T Global Network Client (56 bit)||5D002||Unrestricted||G014990|
|AT&T Global Network Client (3DES/AES)||5D002||Unrestricted||G032606|