Features and Benefits
Business customers may also order long distance service with AT&T All In One. Our long distance services allow you to dial virtually any telephone number unassisted, and to receive calls from around the world. Services under the All In One umbrella include U.S. Domestic, International, Toll-Free, Local Toll, and Calling Card. Should you purchase any of these services, your business will receive:
- The convenience of one AT&T bill for both your long distance and local service;
- Precise billing of these calls in one-second increments after the initial 60 seconds;
- Simple rates regardless of the time of day or day of the week you place your call; and
- AT&T's state-of-the-art network with FASTAR reliability and SONET technology, ensuring your calls will be completed 99.99999% of the time.
U.S. Domestic Service
All In One's Domestic Service gives your business the ability to place state-to-state calls and regional long distance (intraLATA) calls.
All In One's International Service provides business users the ability to place calls to more than 220 countries around the world.
All In One's Toll-Free Service makes it easier for your customers to reach your business at no cost, as your business pays for the inbound call. This service is available for both domestic and international calling.
Local Toll Service
All In One's Local Toll Service allows your business to place in-state toll calls.
Calling Card Service
All In One's Calling Card Service may be the most useful card in your wallet. This service makes it easy for you or your employees to be productive by giving you access to AT&T's global network while away from the office. In addition, you will be able to track individual employee usage on this service to ensure proper use of this business privilege.
Value-Added Services — Account Codes
AT&T All In One Account Codes provide secured access as well as simple account tracking of your long distance calls so you may identify or bill back to specific departments, locations or customers. At your discretion, these codes are assigned to an individual line or lines in your office. You can designate Account Codes to be either optional, mandatory or validated, and can choose text, numeric, or a combination of both for bill presentation.
To use Account Codes:
- Dial the number you wish to call.
- You will be prompted to enter an account code.
- Your call is completed.
- If codes are optional, the call is allowed to complete, with or without input of the first digit of the code or a number within five seconds.
- If codes are mandatory, the voice prompt is replayed if you do not enter the first digit within five seconds. After an additional five seconds, you will hear the following message: "You have entered an invalid code. Please hang up and try again."
AT&T's All In One Geographic Restrictions feature permits your business to limit your outbound calling area based on specified area codes, exchanges and international country codes.
Verifying Your Long Distance Carrier
To confirm that your AT&T All In One Long Distance Service has been connected, please dial 700-555-4141 from each telephone in your business (that selected AT&T as its primary long distance carrier) and listen to the recorded message.