It’s no surprise that AT&T has a proven history of leadership in IPv6 development and deployment. We’ve been contributing to security-related IPv6 standards and participating in the 6bone network and the Moonv6 project. Today, we’re working to deliver flexible services to help you meet federal mandates as well as your agency’s goals.
Through connectivity to the North American Task Force’s Moonv6 next-generation Internet network, our customers can access the broader IPv6 Internet using either tunneling technologies or an overlay network for native IPv6 protocol support.
We’ve also established IPv6 peerings (network interconnections) with other IP backbone providers, such as Global Crossing. This allows agencies to seamlessly exchange IPv6 traffic across the two networks. Agencies who want dual homing (connection to more than one IP backbone) can enjoy diverse routing for their IPv6 traffic to maintain continuity of operations.
AT&T will offer a range of services to support the federal government IPv6 mandate.
- Managed IPv6 Internet Connectivity Service
- Provide connectivity to the IPv6 Internet for activities such as web surfing and database searches
- Support multiple access methods (PPP, MLPPP, Frame Relay and ATM) for customer access, typically from large agency locations
- Remote Access Service to IPv6 Internet
- Support IPv6 for small (or satellite) locations and individual remote users
- Reach a dynamically configurable IPv6 Tunnel Gateway through IPv4 ISPs through fractional T1, DSL or dial-up access
- The Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP) will be used to create tunnels to transport IPv6 traffic over an IPv4 network to the gateway
- IPv6 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Service
- Use Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) to create a VPN interconnecting a set of agency locations using the IPv6 protocol for access
Support through Professional Services
Agencies can depend on AT&T for the complete life cycle support of their network migration. We offer a full array of professional services to facilitate IPv6 migration, including:
- IPv6 Planning: Assess an agency’s current IT architecture and identify the necessary steps for moving to IPv6
- IPv6 Architecture and Migration: Define and develop the target IPv6 architecture for an agency, provide follow-on detailed engineering design, and support migration planning activity
- IPv6 Implementation: Assist in the actual implementation of IPv6 Systems and Networks, including project management services
- IPv6 Optimization: Evaluate an agency’s existing IPv6 network to help pinpoint security vulnerabilities, review their mitigation plan, and provide overall network optimization to improve performance
We're ready to help you plan, implement and manage the transformation of your backbone network for IPv6 capabilities, to meet both DOD and OMB mandates in a timely manner. So your applications can take advantage of the benefits of IPv6.
How You Benefit:
- Fulfill the OMB mandate and DoD goals
- Leverage the IPv6-enabling technology within our own backbone network
- Provide your agency users with managed access to the IPv6 Internet
- Obtain connectivity to your agency’s IPv6 locations via a secure MPLS VPN
- Deploy IPv6-enabled networking capabilities at small sites or remote users through Tunnel Gateways
- Enjoy the flexibility of managed IPv6 services that can incorporate AT&T-owned and/or agency-owned equipment on premises