AT&T ATM Service works for applications that require bandwidth at speeds of 1.5Mbps and higher. Because ATM divides data for transport into fixed-length, 53-byte cells, it supports high speed plus low delay. So voice and video can run on the same infrastructure as your data with no loss of quality. Along with lots of bandwidth and service consolidation, other benefits of AT&T ATM Service include:
- Proactive network monitoring, including the Visual Networks ASE (Analysis Service Element), a network monitor device that gives AT&T technicians a view of your network from location to location - and enables notification of equipment problems within 15 minutes
- Flexible speeds, from T-1 to DS-3 and OC-3 to OC-12, even allowing incremental speeds from two to eight T-1s
- Frame Relay-to-ATM interworking, providing a smooth migration path for your network
- Switched Virtual Circuits (SVCs) that allow you to set up connections anywhere on your network in real time
- Quality of Service Classes (QoS) that allow you to choose from three types depending on your application needs: Constant Bit Rate (CBR), Variable Bit Rate - non-real time (VBR-nrt) and Variable Bit Rate - real-time (VBR-rt). VBR-rt is only available on Lucent switches.
- Industry-leading Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for latency, throughput, availability, time-to-repair and installation date commitments