One Platform. Many Functions.
Government agencies are faced with the ever growing challenge of managing
their growing, and increasingly more complex, IT infrastructure and
applications. At the same time, agencies must improve efficiency and reduce
The AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator® is a comprehensive
enterprise management solution that scales from single sites to global
enterprises. Based on years of experience managing one of the largest and
most complex enterprises in the world, AT&T designed and developed the
AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator to reliably manage mission-critical
applications and infrastructure. The solution utilizes the company's own best
practices and automation concepts to quickly move your enterprise along the
maturity curve with a minimum investment in development and engineering staff.
Combined with AT&T professional services expertise, Enterprise Orchestrator
can help transform the way you operate, enabling personnel to focus on your
AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator integrates market-leading commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products and provides value-added automation and custom enhancements. With this proven, fully integrated solution, agencies can increase efficiencies and contain the expense of designing, integrating, and maintaining tools.
What You Can Expect from AT&T
AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator offers a host of features to support enterprise reliability and efficiency. The functions are modeled after the Information Technology Infrastructure Library/IT Service Management (ITIL/ITSM) framework recommendations.
- Incident and problem management: Detect enterprise incidents, create and route tickets to the appropriate experts, and track resolution activities and solutions.
- Asset and configuration management: Using a comprehensive Configuration Management Database (CMDB) built upon the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) Common Information Model (CIM), this function tracks and manages enterprise assets, their components, configurations, relationship to other assets, and lifecycle history. Automated tools query device configurations and populate the CMDB with asset configuration information and compare against policies to detect violations and alert work center personnel to problems. The AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator CMDB maintains device configuration and provisioning information. The auditing function monitors device configurations and notifies work center personnel when changes occur. AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator also enables personnel to automatically distribute scheduled or on-demand configuration changes, OS updates and application updates.
- Capacity/performance management: Collect key device and end-to-end metrics, such as throughput, response time and general enterprise availability, highlight performance improvement opportunities and obtain short and long-term trending indicators.
- Service management: Define services as logical and physical relationships between assets and components and graphically display them on a map or ticket to highlight the impact of an incident on a service.
- Full range of IT professional services: To complement our platform, choose the options that increase enterprise efficiency while minimizing your workload. Your staff can concentrate on higher priorities.
Flexible AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator Deployment: You
decide - either on your premises or at an AT&T operations center.
How You Benefit
- Lower risk implementation: AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator out-of-the-box integration simplifies system design, integration, test, and deployment, reducing the time and cost of implementing a world-class solution.
- Reduce system life cycle costs: Set aside your worries about system obsolescence. By continuing your (software and hardware) maintenance agreement for AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator, your agency will receive full life-cycle software support including updated documentation, a call-in help line and a support website. The agreements also encompass the continual testing and integration of new functions and new versions of base commercial off-the-shelf tools.
- Improve operational efficiencies: A comprehensive set of automated functions relieves your staff from performing manually-intensive tasks, enabling them to focus on higher priorities. By combining AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator with optional AT&T consulting services, you can achieve greater operational efficiencies.
- Better situational awareness: CMDB integration, along with visualization and reporting capabilities, enables you to pervasively view the end-to-end status and performance of your enterprise. These tools will help you identify and understand the impact of incidents and quickly take proactive corrective action.
- Enhance security: AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator has also been certified to operate in some of the most stringent secure environments in the federal government.
- Preserve legacy tool investments: Even if you have invested in enterprise management tools for your networks or data centers, AT&T Enterprise Orchestrator can provide substantial value. Its modular architecture and standards-based interfaces can integrate data from many existing low and mid-level management systems and databases to provide a comprehensive view of your enterprise health and performance. A robust ticketing function can support your enterprise-wide help desk or interface with most existing agency systems.
Return to Enterprise Management main page