One Tactical Engagement Simulation System (OneTESS)
Current training systems, including laser-based technologies, are insufficient for today’s combat challenges. The U.S. Army needed a scalable system of systems, portable for deployment in the battlefield, home station or training centers that could serve thousands of troops in individual or force-on-force combat simulations.
With support from the AT&T Labs, the AT&T Government Solutions leads a team of innovators in developing an “engagement-centric” architecture compatible with current systems but more realistic in training and testing capabilities. Our unique solution converges multiple training and simulation systems with large-scale communication functions. Our OneTESS solution captures and files all interaction data, used in follow-up training feedback and testing evaluation.
- Met all milestones within budget and on or ahead of schedule
- Developed custom network architecture and applications specs to Army requirements
- Developed a concept for building a compact, portable network that could support thousands of soldiers
- Delivered ahead of schedule a concept for training, testing and simulation
systems offering more realistic live engagements
Interested in Our Solution?
Combat Training Center Objective Instrumentation System (CTC-OIS) Communications Infrastructure
As part of their transformation effort, the U.S. Army needed to modernize live training capabilities with an advanced communications infrastructure at two sites - the National Training Center (NTC) in Fort Irwin, California and the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) in Fort Polk, Louisiana. Improved coverage and capacity for converged voice, data and video transmissions is required for extreme climates and terrain. This would enable real-time data transfer for timely performance evaluations of war fighters in training.
Leading a team of technical subcontractors, we are designing and delivering a secure, scalable communications infrastructure, integrating our proven network capabilities with commercial off-the-shelf components. AT&T Government Solutions was chosen by Lockheed Martin Simulation, Training, and Support to serve as the lead communications systems integrator.
- Develop a systems concept that provides realistic, seamless battlefield immersion for the war fighter, on time and within budget
- Provide better control of training environment, by tracking thousands of players, targets and virtual entities beyond the physical training sites
- Deliver cellular mobility capability for voice, video and data at cable modem speeds
- Ensure interoperability, scalability and efficiency between training systems and the tactical units in training
- Provide spectrum monitoring system to manage wireless RF frequencies and preclude interference with local commercial applications
- Increase coverage, spectrum and bandwidth, including GPS tracking capabilities, and large data feeds into central command facilities
Interested in Our Solution?
Enterprise Information Technology Contract (EITC)
Future Combat Systems (FCS) Training Common Component (TCC)