Visit this page regularly to get the latest word on one of the leading IT integrators in the government marketplace.
What's the scoop? Get a glimpse.
AT&T in the News
- AT&T is working with Maxwell
Air Force Base to bring the power of IoT to their operations and
infrastructure by integrating network-connected sensors into the base’s
everyday operations. We are also creating proof of concept demos of additional
solutions to help Maxwell evolve into a highly connected “Smart Base.”
- AT&T has created a new
Global Public Sector organization. AT&T executive Kay Kapoor will lead
the nearly $15 billion unit that provides advanced information and
communications technologies to government and education customers across
federal, state, local and international public sector markets.
- AT&T has been selected by the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) to build and manage the first broadband network dedicated to police, firefighters and emergency medical services (EMS) in all 50 states, 5 U.S. territories and the District of Columbia, including rural communities and tribal lands.
- For the 3rd year in a row, Global Public Sector President Kay Kapoor was named to FedScoop’s Top Women in Tech list.
- Jill Singer has been included among the 2017 Wash100, a premier group of private & public sector leaders recognized by Executive Mosaic as the most influential figures in the GovCon sector.
- AT&T will provide a high speed VPN to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), connecting giant radio antennas across the globe to improve communications throughout NASA’s Deep Space Network, the world’s largest and most sensitive scientific telecommunications system.
- The 13th annual Stevie® Awards for Women in Business named six AT&T leaders among top female executives worldwide. Kay Kapoor took home a Women of the Year – Business Services Silver Award, marking the 10th time in the last 2 years Kay has been recognized for her leadership achievements.
- AT&T and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) are collaborating on research efforts to create drone traffic management solutions for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
- Can feds catch up on IoT? Chris Smith spoke at the ACT-IAC Executive Leadership Conference about the potential for IoT within the federal government. Read the GCN article quoting Chris.
- Global Public Sector Solutions President Kay Kapoor has been elected to the 2016 FedScoop 50 in the “Industry Leader” category after online voting to determine the most notable leaders who have harnessed the power of technology to make significant contributions to the nation and government IT community.
- The General Services Administration has extended our Networx Universal and Networx Enterprise contracts into 2020. This enables us to continue to provide highly-secure integrated communications solutions as we help federal agencies transition to Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions.
- AT&T has been awarded a five-year contract to become the primary mobility provider for the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division, delivering a broad range of mobility devices and services to employees nationwide.
- AT&T Global Business - Public Sector Solutions Sales VP Stacy Schwartz shares her perspective on solutions for Public Safety with ExecutiveBiz, Mobility & Cloud Evolution in Public Safety and the Future of UC Technology, and FedScoop TV, EmergingTech.
- Read Channelnomic$ deep dive: Federal IT spending - part III, “ What role does cyber security play in in federal budgets, and are they willing to bank on the cloud ,” where Chris Smith comments on the important contributions from industry.
- The 23rd annual Washington Technology analysis of government technology contractors ranked AT&T as the 14th largest among the 2016 Top 100, based on estimated prime contracting dollars.
- Washington Executive featured AT&T Global Business - Public Sector Solutions Sales VP Jill Singer in the article, “ Software-Defined Networking for National Security Needs .”
- AT&T Global Business appointed Anthony Robbins to the role of Vice President - Public Sector Solutions - Global Defense where he will lead the AT&T team delivering technology solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense and other global public sector defense organizations.
- Kay Kapoor was honored to be among a select group of professional women in the Washington, D.C. technology community recognized for extraordinary vision, talent and mentorship with a 2016 Women in Technology Leadership Award. To learn more, listen to her interview with Federal News Radio (D.C. 1500 AM).
- Read Chris Smith’s blog, “Reliable Service Quality Drives Higher Customer Satisfaction” to learn how the CMMI Institute rated the AT&T Government Solutions, Inc. (GSI), quality management system in use by AT&T Global Business – Public Sector Solutions to support our work with U.S. government.
- The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) awarded AT&T a contract worth up to $74.6 million over five years to provide highly secure telecom services between select Department of Defense aircraft and ground stations across the continental U.S. and around the world.
- Kay Kapoor has been named to FedScoop's list of D.C.'s Top 50 Women in Technology for 2016 — an elite cadre of women transforming how the government uses technology.
- The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) awarded a position on the Global Networking Services (GNS) contract to AT&T, enabling us apply our innovative technology solutions to help defend the nation.
- FCW’s Fed100 features 20 from Industry including Mike Leff of AT&T, recognized for his individual contribution to the integration of IT into Federal Agency operations.
Mark your calendars now for those can't miss events.
Take a look at our scorecard for awards and rankings AT&T has received from media, analysts and other prominent sources in the industry.
AT&T Cares. Learn how we give back to the community.