AT&T Content Delivery Network Service (CDN) is a fully integrated suite of hosting, Internet, security, storage, and networking services. Agencies have access to a flexible, network-based CDN solution consisting of CDN nodes (server clusters) that are geographically dispersed throughout AT&T Internet Data Centers and Network Facilities. AT&T CDN is designed to significantly improve Agencies’ website capacity, reliability, and performance while maintaining or reducing total cost of ownership.
AT&T CDN offers caching services to our clients. Cache servers for the service operate in the reverse proxy mode and appear as real Web servers to end-users’ browsers. Cache servers pull cacheable objects from origin servers on an as needed basis; non-cacheable objects are bypassed and sent to origin servers directly. This service is further divided into two offers:
- Web Acceleration – Web Acceleration is the basic offer of caching service.
For this offer, customers host content on their own origin servers. CDN
accelerates all or a portion of http/https objects for a customer’s website.
Typical objects accelerated by Web Acceleration are HTML files and image
- Large File Download (LFD) – LFD (or File Download or eFile Download) is a
special version of caching service. Websites identified as LFD type typically
contain large size objects such as downloadable software or QuickTime
files. For this offer, customers may host content on their own origin
servers or use network origin servers and storage provided by CDN.
- Mobile Optimization - Mobile Optimization recognizes the network type
employed by the end user, along with the type of mobile device, and uses that
information to optimize the delivery of content and media experiences
- Web Site Acceleration - Web Site Acceleration uses network technology and
– that results in faster page rendering and site readiness.
- DSA - Dynamic Site Acceleration uses network technology to facilitate
delivery of dynamic or personalized data, allowing e-commerce, social media,
financial, and time-sensitive data to be delivered more rapidly, providing a
more satisfying web experience for end users.
- Streaming Video - HD Live and On-Demand Streaming Video now allows Content Providers to stream Flash 4.5, Smooth Streaming, iOS HLS, Windows Media, and more, in HD quality, securely and with Adaptive capabilities for many mobile devices, providing the best format and video quality for the device on the available network.