This course prepares government agency personnel for using Networx technical applications. The student will gain an understanding of the role, the interrelationships and the functions of each of the AT&T BusinessDirect® applications. This course may be customized to meet your specific agency's needs. You may choose any of the modules below to meet your needs. The course also presents instruction on the use and operation of Networx network monitoring application. The course is segmented into three modules of training:
- Module 1 – Networx Overview and Transition Planning
- Module 2 - Trouble Reporting
- Module 3 - Network Management and Monitoring Performance - AT&T BusinessDirect
The training will be provided via media related to the AT&T BusinessDirect® platform on which users are being trained. A minimum enrollment of 4 is necessary for this training. Sample data sets representing various scenarios encountered in routine situations and extraordinary circumstances will be used for learning how to navigate and manipulate the specific systems.
Upon completion of Module 1, Networx Overview, students shall be able to:
- Understand the government roles & responsibilities
- Describe Networx products/services and features
- Describe the transition preparation and activities
- Inventory management
- Transition processes
- Account establishment
- AT&T project management support
- Submit and track transition orders
- Describe the Networx public subscriber site
- Complaint and commendations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contract Line Item Number (CLIN) and Universal Billing Indicator (UBI) definitions
- Understand Security Offers
Upon completion of Module 2, Trouble Reporting, students shall be able to:
- Explain and access AT&T BusinessDirect®
- Explain how to access the Electronic Maintenance (E-maintenance) application
- Describe the basic functionality of E-maintenance, especially:
- Explain and demonstrate how trouble tickets are submitted
- Explain how to obtain reporting information
- Understand how to interpret technician logs
- Understand how to schedule test in real time or later
- Describe how to set up notification of trouble ticket or test status
- Internet e-mail, text pager or cellular e-mail
- Understand the escalation process
Upon completion of Module 3, Network Monitoring and Management (NMM) Application, students shall be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate the capabilities of the BusinessDirect applications used for network management and monitoring
- Monitor network alarms
- View network topology of domestic and international sites
- Customize network views to obtain specific network status
- Understand how to view network utilization and performance data
- Network capacity thresholds and blocking
- Understand how to retrieve inventory and end to end circuit identifiers
- Understand how to view order status and key milestones
- Identify and view network-affecting events
- Describe fraud prevention tools
Who Should Attend:
Students with the responsibility of network management, monitoring and performance reporting on behalf of the government agency should take this course. This audience should have a technical background and working knowledge of administration and operations systems.
Students should have a working knowledge of the telecommunications requirements and operations of their respective agencies. In addition, a good understanding of voice and data communications technology and applications is helpful.
How to Register:
This workshop is offered in various locations nationwide and via AT&T Connect, a web-based training tool. A minimum enrollment of 4 is necessary for this training. It is also possible, based on instructor availability, to conduct these classes on customer premises. Please note the workshop location as well as the dates in the list below.
|Tuesday, March 11, 2014||9:00 am||Washington, DC|
|Tuesday, April 8, 2014||9:00 am||Washington, DC|
|Tuesday, May 6, 2014||9:00 am||Washington, DC|
|Tuesday, June 3, 2014||9:00 am||Washington, DC|
*Note: Training is available at agency’s remote site or via
Interested personnel can register for this class by completing the AT&T Government Solutions Networx Training Registration Form.
You will receive a confirmation notice within 24 hours. A reminder message will be sent to you 5 business days prior to the actual class.
If you have any questions about registering, call 1-877-GET-NTWX or (1-877-438-6899) for assistance.
Changes and Cancellation Policy
All requests to change a registration must be in writing via email to email@example.com or by contacting the Customer Support Office at 1-877-GET-NTWX (1-877-438-6899).
In the event that you need to cancel your enrollment, please submit your Cancellation request via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the AT&T Customer Support Office (CSO) at least 14 calendar days prior to the start of the class. Failure to do so will result in the enrollment counting against the Government's no-charge classroom-based training numbers.