News & Events
Visit this page regularly to get the latest word on one of the leading IT integrators in the government marketplace.
What's the scoop? Get a glimpse.
AT&T in the News
- Leidos (LDOS) & AT&T (T) Secure Task Order from Defense Information Systems Agency to Implement Software Defined Networking
- AT&T and the Air Force Association (AFA) are hosting “CyberCamps” to teach teens basic cybersecurity skills and promote STEM fields.
- Global Telecoms Business and its readership selected Kay Kapoor as one of “50 Women to Watch in 2017” along with fellow AT&T leaders Anne Chow, Brooks McCorcle, and Jennifer Robertson.
- Chris Sambar blogged about a recent Network Disaster Recovery exercise and provided insight on dedicated deployables that AT&T will make available with the FirstNet network.
- At the Public Sector Innovation Summit, Chris Smith and FirstNet Board Member Teri Takai focused on the future of public safety communications as an ecosystem for first responders.
- Enhanced Push-to-Talk (EPTT) service from AT&T helps Duke University employees collaborate, save money and improve productivity.
- AFCEA Law Enforcement/Public Safety panelist Stacy Schwartz described how FirstNet and AT&T are delivering a modern, interoperable national public safety network.
- AT&T Awarded $119M, 5-year Contract to Support Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- AT&T Delivers Mobile Device Management Capabilities to the U.S. Department of Interior.
- FirstNet and AT&T: The First 30 Days - productive public-private partnership
- AT&T Enables Connected Helicopters for San Diego Police Department
- How will AT&T monetize FirstNet and the public sector? A talk with Kay Kapoor, the woman in charge.
- AT&T is working with Maxwell Air Force Base to bring the power of IoT to their operations and infrastructure by integrating network-connected sensors into the base’s everyday operations. We are also creating proof of concept demos of additional solutions to help Maxwell evolve into a highly connected "Smart Base."
- AT&T has created a new Global Public Sector organization. AT&T executive Kay Kapoor will lead the nearly $15 billion unit that provides advanced information and communications technologies to government and education customers across federal, state, local and international public sector markets.
- AT&T has been selected by the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) to build and manage the first broadband network dedicated to police, firefighters and emergency medical services (EMS) in all 50 states, 5 U.S. territories and the District of Columbia, including rural communities and tribal lands.
- For the 3rd year in a row, Global Public Sector President Kay Kapoor was named to FedScoop’s Top Women in Tech list.
- Jill Singer has been included among the 2017 Wash100, a premier group of private & public sector leaders recognized by Executive Mosaic as the most influential figures in the GovCon sector.
- AT&T will provide a high speed VPN to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), connecting giant radio antennas across the globe to improve communications throughout NASA’s Deep Space Network, the world’s largest and most sensitive scientific telecommunications system.
- The 13th annual Stevie® Awards for Women in Business named six AT&T leaders among top female executives worldwide. Kay Kapoor took home a Women of the Year – Business Services Silver Award, marking the 10th time in the last 2 years Kay has been recognized for her leadership achievements.
- AT&T and the National
Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) are collaborating on research
efforts to create drone
traffic management solutions for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
Mark your calendars now for those can't miss events.
Awards & Rcognition
Take a look at our Awards & Recognition for awards and rankings AT&T has received from media, analysts and other prominent sources in the industry.
AT&T Cares. Learn how we give back to the community.