Check your email on the go. Return a phone call. Send a text message. Look up information on the Internet. Do it all with a BlackBerry® solution from AT&T.
You'll benefit from our:
- Expertise—Leader in GSM™/GPRS BlackBerry deployments in government agencies and Fortune 500 companies
- Selection—Largest selection of BlackBerry devices of any U.S.-based carrier
- Coverage—Data roaming agreements in more than 160 countries, voice in over 200 countries
- Flexibility—Choose from several rate plan options for personal, Enterprise, International or wireless modem use
- Features—Choose models that include GPS Navigation, Push To Talk (PTT), Wi-Fi, Media Players for your music and videos, and even stay corrected with spell checker
- Easy Setup—It's easy to set up and use a BlackBerry from AT&T. Check out the online tutorials
You want options. We offer choice and feature flexibility. Choose from a number of devices with varying features. AT&T has more global BlackBerry smartphone solutions for both your domestic and international wireless coverage needs than any other U.S. carrier!
A BlackBerry Phone For Your Work/Life
Choose from products that are 3G or EDGE enabled—and some that add Wi-Fi—for high speed access. Options include a compact slim design for heavy voice use or a full QWERTY keyboard design for frequent text composition. Or if you wish, use BlackBerry Connect on select non-BlackBerry phones.
- 3G BlackBerry Bold™
- BlackBerry 8820
- BlackBerry Curve™ 8310 (now with GPS)
- BlackBerry Curve 8320 (now with Wi-Fi)
- NEW BlackBerry Pearl™ 8120 (now with Wi-Fi)
- NEW BlackBerry Pearl™ 8110 (now with GPS)
- BlackBerry Pearl™
- BlackBerry Connect 4.0 on AT&T Tilt™
- BlackBerry Connect 4.0 on the MOTO Q™ Global
- BlackBerry Connect on Palm® Treo™ 680
BlackBerry Push™ Technology
There's no need to worry about synchronizing. Your BlackBerry receives email and appointments automatically when you have network coverage. Manage your personal and work email accounts from your BlackBerry—delete a message on your BlackBerry and it will delete on the desktop. Best of all, your data is protected with encryption and password protection when used with the enterprise server BES solution.
Choose the BlackBerry solution that's right for you or your agency.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Solutions (BES) for agency group use
- BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) for personal use
- BlackBerry Connect™ for BlackBerry email solutions on non-BlackBerry handhelds
- BlackBerry Industry Solutions for sales force, field service, and other vertical applications
BlackBerry Enterprise Solutions
The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution can help increase productivity by giving employees real-time access to voice, email/PIM, data and line-of-business applications. Your employees can enjoy the benefits of being mobile and still have access to their organization’s email, calendar, contacts and more—all without lugging around a laptop or hunting for a phone jack.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Server solution also provides IT departments with simplified management and centralized control of wireless handhelds in a highly secure and flexible architecture that leverages your organization's existing infrastructure and investment. It comprises:
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) and Client Access Licenses
- BlackBerry phones
- AT&T data and voice service plan
- Wireless push synchronization of all email and calendar activities
- Compose, send, read, forward, reply to and delete email messages
- File email messages into synchronized sub-folders manually or automatically
- Access agency's address list (GAL or NAB) when online
- View and forward email attachments
- Add, edit and delete calendar entries and invite attendees
- Add, edit and delete contacts, tasks or notes. Synchronize with a cradle-synch
- If your agency hosts its own email server, you can use BlackBerry Enterprise Server for wireless access to Microsoft® Exchange, Lotus® Domino®, Novell® Groupwise® or your agency's intranet (via Mobile Data Solution—MDS)
- End-to-end VeriSign® Triple DES encryption of data and delivery of data through SSL (BES)
- Enhanced password policies such as mandatory password use and format requirements
- Remote data erase if a device is lost or stolen
- Centralized management to provision and manage users and monitor servers and handhelds
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in
- Wireless access to intranet and data in enterprise systems like order and inventory management, CRM and ERP with dozens of third-party applications
BlackBerry Internet Service is complimentary with the activation of a BlackBerry service plan. Customers can have their personal or work email pushed automatically to their BlackBerry device from multiple Internet Service Provider (ISP) email accounts. BIS can provide automatic wireless synchronization of read, deleted and sent items from the user's BlackBerry device to their supported ISP email account. Users with multiple accounts can choose from multiple "sent from" addresses when sending an email. Customers can also download ringtones and other content or browse the Web using the BlackBerry HTML Browser.
Benefits of BIS
- Simple set-up on the phone or via your PC
- Easy to use
- Associate up to 10 email accounts, including AOL®, MSN®, AT&T® or POP3/Internet Service Providers (ISP)
- Out of Office reply
- Customizable signature
- Choice of “Sent From” addresses
- Optional BlackBerry email account: email@example.com
- View popular attachments in color (JPEG; BMP; TIFF; Microsoft Word, Excel® and PowerPoint®, Corel®; WordPerfect® and Adobe® PDF)
- Access individual email account icons on your BlackBerry home screen for each integrated Internet email account. Click on each icon to see the incoming and outgoing messages related to that particular email account
- SSL data transmission for web browsing and onboard data encryption of data on the device
The new BlackBerry Curve 8320 as well as the BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Pearl 8120 and the BlackBerry 8820 add Wi-Fi networking to the traditional GSM™/GPRS/EDGE data coverage. Now with any BlackBerry Enterprise or BlackBerry Personal data rate plan, get automatic access to thousands of AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots! The Curve 8320 and Bold support this capability right out of the box. The 8820 and Pearl 8120 require BlackBerry 4.5 handheld software. If your 8820 or Pearl 8120 does not have 4.5 software, please visit att.com/bbdownloads to update your device.
The built-in Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) support enables additional data coverage by utilizing existing wireless networks at work, in public hotspots or at home. The Wi-Fi Setup Wizard makes it easy to connect to most Wi-Fi networks. A manual setup option enables advanced Wi-Fi connection options. Customers can also benefit from the ultra-fast data rates provided by Wi-Fi connectivity, along with simultaneous voice and data when connected to both Wi-Fi and GSM networks. The BlackBerry Curve 8320 and Pearl 8120 support 802.11b/g networks, while the BlackBerry Bold and 8820 support 802.11a/b/g. The BlackBerry Curve 8320, Pearl 8120 and the BlackBerry 8820 offer the AT&T Push to Talk service, while the BlackBerry 8820's integrated GPS also supports AT&T Navigator.
AT&T Push to Talk boasts the largest coverage area in America. Push to Talk features on the BlackBerry Curve 8320, Pearl 8120 and the BlackBerry 8820 include "availability" icons, quick group calling and the ability to easily convert a Push to Talk session to a regular wireless voice call. Customers can use their smartphones with Push to Talk to contact individual colleagues or friends, or to set up groups for broader communication. The Push to Talk button on the left side of the device easily facilitates each call—simply press and hold to talk after the chirp and release when finished. In addition, AT&T service offers customers standard features such as call waiting and contact alerts, as well as text, picture and voice messaging to anyone in their contact list*.
AT&T customers can also use AT&T Navigator on the BlackBerry Bold and 8820 using the internal GPS capability. Users enjoy real-time, turn-by-turn audible directions while driving or walking and view colorful 3D moving maps. The BlackBerry Curve 8320 and Pearl 8120 support AT&T Navigator for mapping and other functions. Purchase a Bluetooth® GPS receiver to enable turn-by-turn spoken and visual directions as well.
Unlimited AT&T Push to Talk service is available for an additional monthly charge of $5.00 per device. AT&T Navigator is available for an additional monthly charge of $9.99. For traveling outside the U.S., AT&T Navigator Global Edition is available for a monthly charge of $19.98 per user. Alternately, BlackBerry 8820 customers can choose TeleNav Maps—an application that provides static maps and driving directions.
Moments, Music, Messaging, and More
Enjoy New Media & Features
AT&T Mobile Music™
Listen to or capture your favorite music via XM Radio Mobile™ or eMusic® on the BlackBerry Curve 8310/8320, BlackBerry Pearl 8110/8120 or BlackBerry 8820 while on the go, relaxing at home or even at the gym. You can use a stereo-capable Bluetooth headset or plug in personal music player headphones—or with the BlackBerry Curve 8310/8320 and BlackBerry Pearl 8110/8120, use the included 3.5 mm stereo headset. With the BlackBerry Desktop Media Manager and the Media Player on and of these devices, you have the control and flexibility to organize music for your BlackBerry. Don't ever worry about missing a call when listening to music—your BlackBerry has the intelligence to pause music when you receive an incoming call.
BlackBerry Internet Service email provides wireless “push” delivery and access up to 10 supported personal and work emails such as Yahoo!®, Gmail™. Earthlink®, and many other popular ISP and personal email providers.
You can also let your thumbs do the talking. With the versatile keyboard, sending and receiving text messages and MMS messages is easy and fast. If you want, download the Mobile IM Instant Messaging client and access Yahoo! IM, AOL IM, or MSN Instant Messenger all from the same client (note that text messaging rates apply to instant messages—consider adding a messaging plan for frequent instant messaging use).
Capturing moments is easy with the built-in, 2 megapixel camera of the BlackBerry Curve 8310/8320 and the BlackBerry Pearl 8110/8120 or the 1.3 megapixel camera of the BlackBerry Pearl. You can share your moments via MMS, email, or store them to your BlackBerry Pearl 8110/8120, Curve 8310/8320 or 8820 with a MicroSD™ card (not included). AT&T recommends using a MicroSD card for storing music, photos, videos, and documents.
Now you don't have to stop and ask for directions. Your BlackBerry Curve 8310, Pearl 8110 or BlackBerry 8820 is GPS-enabled, allowing you to check maps and get turn-by-turn audible directions quickly and conveniently with AT&T Navigator. You can receive updates with traffic information to route around congestion, all for an additional monthly feature subscription.
Push to Talk
Push to Talk (PTT) lets you view the availability of family, friends or co-worker contacts before you push a single button to reach one, or many of them, at the same time via walkie-talkie-like communication. You can also use the availability feature to simply see when they are available to make a call. It's easy with this PTT-enabled device.
BlackBerry Connect (BBC) is the convenient email solution that works with non-BlackBerry devices like the new AT&T Tilt and the new MOTO Q Global, as well as other devices including the Nokia E62, Palm® Treo™ 680 and Treo™ 650 and the Nokia 9300. Users still get the convenience of BlackBerry's industry-preferred push technology, giving them the freedom and flexibility to manage their work day efficiently and effectively. BlackBerry Connect on all these devices works with BlackBerry Enterprise Servers (BES). The AT&T Tilt and MOTO Q Global, as well as the Nokia E62 also support BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS), enabling seamless and encrypted mobile connectivity in and out of the office. The Tilt features BlackBerry Connect 4.0, which supports over the air synchronization of calendar, contacts, tasks and notes along with corporate and personal email.
Connect Software and User Guide for the AT&T Tilt™
BlackBerry Connect Software and User Guide for the MOTO Q™ Global
View BlackBerry Connect User Guide for Palm® Treo™ 680
View BlackBerry Connect User Guide for Palm® Treo™ 650
View BlackBerry Connect User Guide for Nokia 9300
View Nokia E62 Getting Started Guide
Extend the value of your BlackBerry investment beyond just email/PIM applications. With BlackBerry Industry Solutions, you can leverage the Mobile Data Server (MDS) feature of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) to provide the end user access to back-end applications and data such as CRM, financial data, sales force automation and more.
These solutions, while offering flexible implementation options, also offer a reliable and secure development platform that can be leveraged by system integrators to build custom solutions that meet the needs of your agency. Solutions beyond email are available for legal, field service and sales force automation applications.
Mobile Software Store
Get Started with Your BlackBerry 8820, BlackBerry Curve 8310/8320, and BlackBerry Pearl 8110/8120.
Download the latest BlackBerry Desktop Manager and Device Software
Handango.com: Search, purchase, and download third-party applications for BlackBerry phones.