Educational institutions have a particular challenge in managing security, while they fulfill their functions of educating students and supporting educators by promoting research. Schools need to ensure the free flow of information for teaching and learning, while also managing operations and compliance with local and federal requirements.
An academic CIO has several challenges to ensure the security and integrity of data and information systems they manage, including:
- Providing Internet access to a large number of high demand users
- Supporting multiple ways for users to access the school’s network and resources
- Providing an open environment for networking, while also preventing everyday external attacks and intrusions; including malware, network intrusions and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks
- Protecting the network from internal hackers compromising sensitive information, including payment card and student information
- Ensuring network security with limited budgets
Click Here to learn more about AT&T's suite of security solutions for education customers.