AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio
- What is the AT&T BusinessDirect® Portfolio?
- How can my business benefit from the AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio?
- Why is it beneficial for me to use the AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio capabilities instead of working with a live person?
- Suppose I'd rather pick up the phone and have a customer service representative help me. Can I still do that?
- Can you give me examples of the types of companies that use the AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio?
- What sort of training is available? Can someone come to my office and show me how to use it?
AT&T BusinessDirect Portal
- What are some of the functions available through the AT&T BusinessDirect Portal?
- What kind of track record does the AT&T BusinessDirect Portal have in terms of uptime and security?
- When did AT&T develop these capabilities?
- What is Premier?
- How can my business benefit from Premier?
- What are some of the features available through Premier?
AT&T provides you with a suite of online and system-to-system tools. You can think of the AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio as your "virtual telecom department" that helps you manage your communication services conveniently online, improve productivity, improve the speed and accuracy of transactions, optimize network efficiency in near real time, and reduce your costs.
How can my business benefit from the AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio?
The AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio helps you:
- Manage your telecom services conveniently with point-and-click Web-based tolls and the flexibility to access the AT&T BusinessDirect Portal from virtually anywhere.
- Improve productivity by allowing you to report and manage your trouble tickets online.
- Improve the speed and accuracy of transactions by entering them into an automated workstream which eliminates delays.
- Reduce costs by spending less time tracking orders, identifying fraudulent usage, and waiting for repairs.
- Optimize network efficiency by using online tools that help optimize network performance in near real time. In the case of AT&T Toll-Free Service, you can take immediate action to redirect calls or balance traffic among multiple call centers.
Why is it beneficial for me to use the AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio capabilities instead of working with a live person?
When you use a Web-based tool rather than talking to a customer service representative by phone, you:
- Will not have to wait on hold while your call is in queue to be answered.
- Will be able to resolve telecom issues at any time of the day from virtually any location.
- Will enter your transactions into an automated workstream, which eliminates delays and should result in greater speed and accuracy.
Suppose I'd rather pick up the phone and have a customer service representative help me. Can I still do that?
Yes, that option is still available and the choice is yours. However, many of our customers prefer to do business over the Web at times that are convenient to them, including outside normal business hours.
Can you give me examples of the types of companies that use the AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio?
The AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio is used by companies of all sizes, from multi-national corporations to small proprietorships. And, it is used by companies in virtually all industries, including banking, airlines, freight transport, financial services, retail, manufacturing, transportation, lodging, and insurance.
What sort of training is available?
You will have access to online tutorials for many tools. In addition, many of the online tools are self-explanatory and extensive "Help" sections assist new users in get started.
What are some of the functions available through the AT&T BusinessDirect Portal?
With the AT&T BusinessDirect Portal, you can:
- Place orders online
- Report outages and manage trouble tickets online
- Reroute toll-free calls online
- Invoke disaster recovery plans online
- Pay bills online
- And more.
When did AT&T develop these capabilities?
AT&T introduced the AT&T BusinessDirect Portal in late 1997, but many of the underlying capabilities existed prior to that time as stand-alone PC or mainframe tools rather than Web-based tools. For example, the capability to reroute toll-free calls has been available as a mainframe-based tool since 1991, as a PC-based tool since 1996, and as a Web-based tool since 1999.
What kind of track record does the AT&T BusinessDirect Portal have in terms of uptime and security?
In terms of system uptime, the availability of the AT&T BusinessDirect Portal as a whole for 2010 was 99.99%. And while this is indicative of solid performance, we have taken steps to further enhance system reliability. Those steps include:
- Upgrading the quality of routing hardware and software
- Automating disaster recovery servers
To provide platform security, the following procedures are routinely followed:
- All traffic between a user's browser and the AT&T extranet is encrypted
using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- Extensive password protection policies are in place and enforced.
What is AT&T Premier?
AT&T Premier, now part of the AT&T BusinessDirect Portfolio, is the one-stop, customizable online resource for business customers, large and small, to learn about, purchase, monitor and manage their wireless products and services.
How can my business benefit from Premier?
- Cost Savings: Get the latest devices and rate plans at exclusive contract pricing.
- Control: Manage your account, update contact information, and customize your company's site from one central location.
- Convenience: Provides a one-stop resource for shopping, account management and billing - you can simply log in, shop and manage your account online, anytime, 24 hours a day!
What are some of the features available through Premier?
Through Premier, customers can purchase and activate phones, devices and accessories, and monitor and manage their wireless services and accounts.
Premier is comprised of four key tools:
- Premier Business Center
- Premier Online Store
- Premier Online Care
- Premier eBill
What is AT&T eBonding?
AT&T eBonding is a capability offered to AT&T's large business customers to simplify high-volume customer-service transactions. AT&T business customers have had the option of placing service orders (other than the initial order for service) and trouble reports online via the web. For customers with very large numbers of transactions, entering each transaction into a web browser can become cumbersome. That's why AT&T eBonding was developed, to give AT&T customers like you an electronic bonding solution that leverages your own business processes and minimizes data entry.
AT&T eBonding consists of XML-based services that enable an AT&T business customer's internal system to generate transactions that are entered directly into AT&T's proprietary system.
This solution helps you:
- Leverage your own business processes and systems to place orders, report trouble, check status, and view inventory;
- Minimize manual data entry;
- Automate ordering and trouble reporting;
- Speed ordering so provisioning can begin sooner, and speed trouble reporting and service restoration;
- Improve the accuracy of orders and trouble reports.
AT&T offers AT&T eXpress Bonding so you can enjoy the benefits of a full electronic bonding solution without the need to invest in extensive software development and system integration. This is accomplished through a simple but powerful procedure using Microsoft® Excel spreadsheet templates.
Your business will enjoy the following benefits:
- Automate the service-ordering process;
- Minimize manual data entry and re-keying;
- Speed up ordering so provisioning can begin sooner;
- Improve the accuracy of orders;
- Leverage your own business processes and systems to place orders, track order status, and view inventory;
- Save hours, possibly days, of manual work tracking order status and inventory.