AT&T Internet Protect is a security alerting and notification service that offers advanced information regarding potential real-time attacks (viruses, worms and distributed denial of service or DDoS attacks) that are in the early formation stages. AT&T Internet Protect uses the AT&T IP backbone as a proxy of general Internet traffic. The service provides valuable real-time analysis of Internet traffic, which customers can use to predict and prevent malicious traffic from infecting their network. Using the web-based Information Security Portal, AT&T notifies customers regarding identified critical malicious activity and recommends immediate action to be taken by the customer. AT&T DDoS Defense option provides DDoS identification and mitigation within AT&T's backbone, providing you with increased protection from malicious traffic before it reaches your network.
Internet security experts have recognized AT&T Internet Protect as a leading security offer, based largely on its success in recognizing and offering prevention tips for threats before they materialize. AT&T culls information from the extensive AT&T IP backbone which is one of the largest in the world. It performs real time examination of over 2.5 petabytes of daily network to identify malicious activity from the Internet.
AT&T Internet Protect analyzes Internet traffic heuristics and statistical models to predict and profile potential malicious activity. This information is provided to customers via the Information Security Portal, who can use it to filter real-time and potential attacks.
- AT&T Internet Security News Network - 24/7 news webcast focused on providing you with the latest Internet Security news, alerts and interviews with security leaders
- Security Dashboard - overview on Internet Network Health and Security Incidents
- Watch List - traffic deviations that have not been classified by AT&T Security Analysts as either "innocuous traffic" or "known threat"
- Threat Analysis - anomalies that are identified as known attacks
- Alert Analysis - threats that require imminent action by customers
- Notification service - via e-mail
- Optional AT&T Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) - identifies and mitigates DDoS activity within AT&T's backbone, providing increased protection from malicious traffic before it reaches the customer network
- 24x7 access to the Web Portal using token authentication
- 24/7 video Webcast - provides you with critical security news and information to stay abreast of the latest security issues and remain one step ahead of malicious activities proliferating on the Internet.
- Early Warning - allows most real-time attacks (viruses, worms and DDOS attacks) to be addressed and mitigated before a hacker releases them
- Advanced Intelligence Gathering - gathers more comprehensive data from AT&T's network, one of the largest IP backbones in the world
- Multiple Data Sources - includes security intelligence from other resources, confirmed and analyzed by AT&T
- Expert Input and Advice - practical tips on what to do, and how to do it, quickly
- Defense-in-Depth - adds an additional defensive layer of Network Security
- Security Portal - provides a robust, all inclusive information security portal for use on a daily basis. Contains essential security information such as top vulnerabilities, recent patch releases and other security "need-to-know" facts
Many Services are subject to regulatory approval and not all Services are available in all areas. Please contact an account executive for more details.