AT&T Endpoint Security is available to remote access users subscribing to AT&T Premises-Based VPN Service and AT&T Business Internet Service. This service, which is integrated with the AT&T Global Network Client, enables you to establish and enforce security policies for host computers from a central point. The service also includes a number of reports as well as enforcement of anti-virus updates and software patches.
AT&T Endpoint Security consists of a central server and host-based clients. The Endpoint Security software clients receive security policy information from a network of servers located at AT&T Internet Data Centers (IDC). The clients interact with the server for policies and during events requiring policy enforcement. The customer-defined security policy is populated into a centrally managed Policy Server by AT&T personnel, and then pushed out to subscribers by this server.
- Custom Security Policy
- Compliance enforcement of company security procedures related to anti-virus and application use
- Centralized policy management and control via a web interface
- Customizable Sandbox web page for out-of-compliance users
- The ability to push updates to user PCs
- Can protect user PCs connecting to the Internet and inside the corporate LAN
- Reports via customer accessible website
- User authentication via an SSL web interface
- Centralizes management tools and policy enforcement for remote workstations.
- Provides control over applications operating on remote access endpoints.
- Enforces compliance with customer-defined policies for Firewall, Antivirus, and software patches at remote end points.
- Provides another means of enforcing security and configuration policies on personal computers
- Single interface to maintain compliance on mobile and stationary PCs
Many Services are subject to regulatory approval and not all Services are available in all areas. Please contact an account executive for more details.